Government White Paper – Response
In response to the Government’s White Paper, Pickering & Ferens has implemented the following in order to demonstrate our commitment to ensuring all our homes are safe to live in and to help residents feel safer in their homes:
- Reviewed the level of smoke alarm detection in properties ensuring we meet at least the minimum standard of coverage to circulation spaces forming part of the escape route. Consulted specialists to prepare for future changes and impact of future standards.
- Implemented new policy on Carbon Monoxide detector requirements in line with updates to Carbon Monoxide Alarm (Amendment) Regulations 2022. We have installed additional Carbon Monoxide Alarms in all habitable rooms with fixed gas appliances (excluding cookers) to meet regulatory requirements.
- Reviewed our level of fire risk assessments in line with Fire Safety Bill and risk assessed more structure, external walls and flat entrance doors in multi-occupied buildings.
- Communication and engagement with residents through information sharing on building safety via Fire Risk Assessment summaries displayed within the buildings and details of actions.
- Annual fire door inspections – introduced regular checks to all residents’ flat entrance doors to ensure they are performing correctly in the event of fire.
- Tunstall digital rollout – upgrading system to a more reliable high performing telecom safety service for residents within their homes to use. Video door entry systems introduced in Retirement Living Plus schemes to support making residents feeling more secure.
If you have any further questions, please call 01482 223783