PFH is delighted to confirm that residents with a current lifeline will soon benefit from state-of-the-art technology in their homes, providing health and well-being benefits.
Work on our new Smart Technology system is due to start this Spring, bringing a new digital service to residents.
The project, which will be managed by Tunstall Healthcare, is planned to be rolled out across schemes this year, with a modern new digital system replacing the analogue telecare system currently in place.
Residents in our Retirement Living Plus Schemes will have a telephone handset called the CommunicallVi IP system. Featuring a 7-inch video screen, the handset allows residents to answer the front door and see who is visiting them using the video door entry technology, as well as having the option to call other residents within the scheme.
Other benefits include:
- Encourages social and digital inclusion
- Increased security through use of video
- Ultra-fast alarm reporting
- Easy to use touchscreen phone
- Tailored telecare support
- High quality hands-free speech
- App functionality
Meanwhile, residents living in our bungalows which currently have the lifeline service via the red pull cords located in their bungalows, will receive a Lifeline Smart Hub, which is a wall mounted unit. Some of the features of the hub include:
- Robust, reliable and reassuring help at home
- Pre-loaded with Bluetooth and WiFi capability
- 24/7 real time wellbeing monitoring
If you would like further information contact us on (01482) 223783