Property & Compliance Manager
37 hours per week
Actual Salary £40,000
Would you like to work for a successful local housing association with a rich heritage and passion for providing quality housing and services for people in later life?
We are looking for a Property & Compliance Manager to join us with the primary responsibility of ensuring we continue to deliver excellent customer service to our residents. Reporting to the Property Services Director, key responsibilities will include:-
- Ensuring Health & Safety is regularly monitored and reviewed and in line with legislation and best practice both internally and by our contractors.
- Managing a Property Services team of four people ensuring all building maintenance, associated mechanical and electrical service works and planned investment programmes are carried out in accordance with associated legislation and Pickering and Ferens business plan for our portfolio of circa 1400 properties.
- Assist in the preparation, monitoring and expenditure of maintenance budgets including major repairs, cyclical maintenance, planned and general office maintenance and miscellaneous works.
- Monitoring and reviewing performance for all areas of the operational property services function, providing performance information and associated improvement plans.
- Reviewing the risk register and proposing actions and control procedures to minimise risk.
- Attending to out of hours emergencies as part of an emergency call out team on occasions. This is a fundamental part of the role so own transport and a clean driving license is required.
The ideal candidate will have:-
- IOSH and / or NEBOSH qualifications, current first aid qualifications and a Building Studies / Construction related qualification and over three year’s property services management experience.
- Experience of managing a property services team ideally within the housing sector, however, other sector experience will be considered.
- Experience of managing and monitoring contractors within the building / construction industry.
- Ability to drive continuous improvements within our working practices.
- A track record of delivering cost effective maintenance programmes.
- Excellent working knowledge and experience of both Microsoft packages and a customer management information database (e.g. Kypera) particularly within a property services function.
- The ability to relate well to people and manage expectations in a positive and calm manner, building good working relationships with staff, contractors and residents.
We know our workforce is fundamental to our success with a drive to deliver quality services to our residents. In return we offer an excellent pension provision, health care cash plan, generous family and annual leave entitlements and the ability to work flexi time.
So, if you have the above qualities and want to be part of an organisation who is passionate to provide quality services please forward your CV with a supporting statement detailing how you meet the essential criteria and what attracted you to this position along with a completed equalities form which can be found on our website to email@example.com.
For an informal discussion with regards the role please contact Sharon Brookes, Property Services Director on 01482 223783.
Applications are to be received no later than 5pm: 8 December 2017
Interviews are anticipated for: 15 December 2017
PFH is an Equal Opportunities employer and values diversity in the workplace. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, disability, religion/beliefs or age.
We are committed to safeguarding vulnerable adults; therefore, clearance from the Disclosure and Barring Service is required prior to appointment.
Equal Opportunities Form