22.5 hours per week
3 days per week
FTC 1 Year
Actual Salary £12,902
Would you like to work for a successful local housing association with a rich heritage and passion for providing quality housing and services for people in later life?
We are looking for a HR Administrator to join us on a 1 year fixed term basis with the primary responsibility of providing administrative support to the HR Advisor and key HR processes to enable the association to respond quickly to changing requirements. This position is advertised as working 22.5 hours a week over three days with normal working hours being 9am to 5pm, however, some flexibility in working hours and days will be considered.
Key responsibilities include:-
- Providing admin support during recruitment campaigns; advertising vacancies, arranging interviews to ensure a positive candidate experience.
- Providing a positive on-boarding experience to new employees including preparation of offer letters, processing pre-employment checks including DBS checks, conducting inductions and monitoring the probationary process.
- Maintaining our self-service HR database (Cascade) and providing first level user support to employees with holiday queries, timesheet queries and monitoring workflow actions.
- To maintain both electronic and paper-based HR records and process all authorised contractual changes in a timely manner.
- To assist in sourcing, organising and setting up training events and workshops and maintaining accurate training records.
- To provide administrative support to the HR Advisor to support the delivery of the HR Strategy.
- To maintain HR template documentation and in conjunction with the HR Advisor review processes and practices to provide a fast and efficient service to the association.
The ideal candidate will have:-
- Previous experience of working in a similar position within a HR team with at least 2 years demonstrable work experience.
- GCSE or ‘O’Level standard grade C or equivalent including English and Maths. HR qualification (CIPD level 1-3/CPP) is desirable but not essential.
- A strong working knowledge of HR administrative working practices and a desire to make improvements.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft packages and a HR system, ideally self-service.
- A strong customer focus and desire to deliver.
- Experience of working with Microsoft Teams is an advantage but not essential
- The ability to work at home effectively for a temporary period with a quiet workspace and fast, reliable broadband connection, preferably fibre optic.
Our workforce is fundamental to our success with a drive to deliver quality services to our residents. So, if you have the above qualities please apply via Indeed attaching your CV with a supporting statement detailing how you meet the essential criteria and what attracted you to this position.
For an informal discussion with regards the role please contact Debbie Murgett, HR Advisor or Lish Harris, Business Services Director on 01482 223783.
Applications are to be received no later than 9am: Tuesday, 11 August 2020
We may depending on applicant numbers close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
PFH is an Equal Opportunities employer and values diversity in the workplace. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, disability, religion/beliefs or age.
Disabled applicants, who meet the essential criteria for the job will be guaranteed an interview.
We are committed to safeguarding vulnerable adults; therefore, clearance from the Disclosure and Barring Service is required prior to appointment.
We understand our obligations under the General Data protection regulation (GDPR) and are committed to processing your data securely and transparently. Your data (which may include that classed as a special category of personal data) will be processed in line with our legitimate interest to identify suitable candidates for the role, legal requirements or for performance of a task carried out in the public interest. We will treat your data with respect and retain for no longer than is necessary. For further details and your rights please refer to our Fair Processing Notice (JOB APPLICANT DATA) available on our website.