Would you like to work for a successful local housing association with a rich heritage and passion for providing quality housing and services for people in later life?
We are looking for an IT Technician to join us for a period of 2 years with the primary responsibility of ensuring the day to day operational activities of the IT help desk to effectively support our employees to enable them to continue to deliver quality services to our residents.
Key responsibilities include:-
- Provision of an efficient and responsive 1st line IT support service to the association both face to face and remotely.
- Maintaining the association’s information and communication systems carrying out software upgrades and applying patches as necessary.
- Support the IT Manager with the delivery of new systems and / or new functionality, testing and carrying out upgrades to existing systems as directed.
- Maintaining user access controls, ensuring the password management policy is adhered to. Reporting any suspected security breaches to the IT Manager.
The ideal candidate will have:-
- Previous experience of working in an IT support role providing 1st line support and advice within a windows server, exchange server and active directory environment.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft based operating systems.
- Experience of handling queries both face to face and from employees working remotely.
- The ability to relay information in a non-technical, positive and constructive manner.
- A strong desire to deliver and maintain excellent customer service whilst dealing with a moderate level of queries on a range of technical issues.
- The ability to relate well to people and manage expectations in a positive and calm manner, building good working relationships with both internal customers and external support agencies.
- GCSE English and Maths (or equivalent)
- Driving license and own car is desirable but not essential
Our workforce is fundamental to our success with a drive to deliver quality services to our residents. So, if you have the above qualities please forward your CV with a supporting statement detailing how you meet the essential criteria and what attracted you to this position along with a completed equalities form which can be found on the recruitment section of our website to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For an informal discussion with regards the role please contact Lish Harris, Business Services Director or Ian Wass, IT Manager on 01482 223783.
Applications are to be received no later than 5pm: Wednesday, 23 January 2019
Interviews are anticipated for: w/c 28th January 2019
PFH is an Equal Opportunities employer and values diversity in the workplace. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, disability, religion/beliefs or age.
We are committed to safeguarding vulnerable adults; therefore, clearance from the Disclosure and Barring Service is required prior to appointment.
We understand our obligations under the General Data protection regulation (GDPR) and are committed to processing your data securely and transparently. Your data (which may include that classed as a special category of personal data) will be processed in line with our legitimate interest to identify suitable candidates for the role, legal requirements or for performance of a task carried out in the public interest. We will treat your data with respect and retain for no longer than is necessary. For further details and your rights please refer to our Fair Processing Notice (JOB APPLICANT DATA) available on our website.