37 hours per week
Fixed term contract to 30 September 2022
Actual Salary £21,624 (benchmark review pending)
Would you like to work for a successful local housing association with a rich heritage and passion for providing quality housing and services for people in later life? Here at PFH we believe in being ‘more than a landlord’, proactively tackling issues related to loneliness, isolation and other changes that people experience in later life and our high resident satisfaction ratings reflect this. We want to build on this success and are embarking on a series of exciting ‘more than a landlord’ projects. Join us and help shape our future service.
We are looking for a Scheme Manager to join us on a fixed term basis to 30 September 2022 with the primary responsibility of ensuring we continue to deliver quality services to our residents.
In this role you will be responsible for managing one of our sheltered housing schemes located in Hull. Although you will have primary responsibility for the day to day management of a scheme where no one day is the same as the next, you will also work closely with your team and provide cover and carry out necessary health and safety checks at our four other schemes all located in the Hull area.
This is an extremely rewarding yet challenging role and is ideal for someone who has previous experience of working with older people in a housing management setting. Someone who is aware of safeguarding concerns, has a can-do attitude and wants to join us in our pursuit of being more than a landlord to our residents.
We continue to embrace technology to enhance the services we provide our residents, therefore, it is essential you are conversant and also comfortable working with a range of systems and can appreciate the benefits technology can bring to our residents.
If this position is of interest to you but you would prefer working on a more casual basis, please also apply confirming your desire for casual opportunities.
PFH is embracing agile working so we can do our best work in a place that provides the best outcome for our customers and residents and we have the IT infrastructure in place to support this with the use of Microsoft 365 and Teams!
It is envisaged, that this role is primarily based within the scheme and will offer the opportunity to work from home or another location half a day a week if suitable to provide the opportunity to concentrate on administration tasks associated with the role
Key responsibilities include:-
- Welcoming new residents to their new home and carrying out inductions.
- Providing information to residents to ensure they are up to date with what is happening in their scheme.
- Providing residents with advice and support to help them maintain their health and wellbeing.
- Ensuring that residents homes and the scheme is secure, safe and well maintained.
- Carrying out an annual support plan with each resident, which includes a Personal Emergency Evacuation Plan (PEEP) and any other support and assistance required for a person to live in their home positively and independently.
- Providing residents with the opportunity to take part in Resident Engagement programmes and to learn new skills.
- Helping residents to understand their rights and responsibilities living in a PFH property.
- Carrying out fire alarm, fire extinguisher, emergency lighting and water management checks.
The ideal candidate will have:-
- Previous experience gained within the housing sector / supported living environment would be advantageous.
- The ability to relate well to people and manage expectations in a positive and calm manner, building positive professional and supportive relationships with residents, contractors, visitors and staff.
- A strong desire to deliver and maintain an excellent service to our residents whilst dealing with a high level of queries.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft packages and customer management information databases is essential, experience of working with Microsoft Teams is an advantage but not essential as training will be provided.
- Due to the need to cover other scheme locations a clean driving license and transport is essential in this role.
Our workforce is fundamental to our success with a drive to deliver modern quality services to our residents. So, if you have the above qualities please apply via Indeed attaching your CV with a supporting statement detailing how you meet the essential criteria and what attracted you to this position.
To apply click here: Pickering and Ferens Homes Careers
Further information relating to this role can be found on the recruitment section of our website available here.
For an informal discussion with regards the role please contact Kerry George, Service Plus Manager or Joe Day, Head of Services on 01482 223783 or contact us via email at email@example.com and we will get back to you. Should you need assistance applying, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Closing date: 9am, Monday, 25 April 2022
We may depending on applicant numbers close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
PFH is an Equal Opportunities employer and values diversity in the workplace. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, disability, religion/beliefs or age.
Disabled applicants, who meet the essential criteria for the job will be guaranteed an interview.
We are committed to safeguarding vulnerable adults; therefore, clearance from the Disclosure and Barring Service is required prior to appointment.
We understand our obligations under the General Data protection regulation (GDPR) and are committed to processing your data securely and transparently. Your data (which may include that classed as a special category of personal data) will be processed in line with our legitimate interest to identify suitable candidates for the role, legal requirements or for performance of a task carried out in the public interest. We will treat your data with respect and retain for no longer than is necessary. For further details and your rights please refer to our Fair Processing Notice (JOB APPLICANT DATA) available on our website.